CarePoint Health is one of New Jersey’s leading health care systems comprised of three long-standing and highly-regarded hospitals – Christ Hospital in Jersey City, Hoboken University Medical Center and Bayonne Medical Center. CarePoint united three area hospitals to provide 360-degree-coordinated care by integrating the medical facilities and physician networks associated with these institutions. With over 4,500 employees, CarePoint is the largest private employer in Hudson County, New Jersey and each year provides care to over 300,000 individuals.
CarePoint prides itself on its patient-focused approach to care delivery, with an emphasis on preventative medicine, health education, and disease management. Leveraging its vast network of physicians and healthcare experts, CarePoint is quickly becoming recognized as a leader in the broader healthcare landscape as it pioneers creative solutions to address urgent population health needs.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP), under the general direction of the physician, will provide healthcare in a variety of clinical settings within the Scope of the Nurse Practice Act. The NP is responsible for providing acute inpatient care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, educating, and admitting/discharging patients. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
The successful candidate will / be able to:
· Knowledgeable of Federal, State Laws and Regulation, Accreditation and License requirements as governed by established policies and procedures
· Assesses patient status and obtains a comprehensive health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing thorough physical examination.
· Orders/performs appropriate laboratory, diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians for the evaluation of illness.
· Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
· Develops and implements treatment plan including but not limited to prescribing/dispensing medications in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Makes appropriate adjustments of medications substitutions as needed for patient care.
· Patient / Family Education and Communication. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for medical records
including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written format or electronically.
· Participates in peer and quality reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Identifies, documents and actively reports issues and system barriers through appropriate administrative and medical staff channels.
· Acts as consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
· Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.
· Monitors patients progress along the continuum of care intervening as necessary to ensure appropriateness of setting and services provided are high quality, efficient and effective. Coordinates plan of care.
· Assist in discharge planning. Ensures an appropriate discharge plan. Facilitates implementation of discharge plan and discharge teaching and updates discharge plan in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team in accordance with patient’s clinical course and continuing needs to expedite post discharge care.
· Active NJ Advance Practice License
· Maintain unrestricted CDS, DEA,ACLS, and BLS
· New Graduates encouraged to apply
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 401k with Company match
• Generous paid time off
• Paid Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Advancement and career development opportunities
Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccinations are a requirement for employment at CarePoint Health. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from CarePoint.
CarePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS